The Op Shop is Open
Every Monday & Friday & Saturday
10am – 4pm
Subject to volunteer availability
(not open on Public holidays)
Donations can also be left at the Op Shop during these times.
Find us behind the Williamstown Uniting Church - Electra St church building
(on the corner - Electra and Pasco Sts), via Pasco Street entrance.
Welcome everyone to the Op Shop- our volunteers, donors and customers. The shop is packed with great bargains and the unique, practical and the unexpected items - come and see what you may discover.
Your donations and purchases will make a positive difference to care for and help others in our local area and further afield. We cannot thank you enough.
EFTPOS is now available ($1.00 minimum amount limits apply) and cash payments will be accepted.
As a church Welfare program, profits from sales go to assist others in need, whether it be locally, here in Victoria, Australia or overseas.
We have a friendly team of volunteers working in the Op Shop and we love people popping in for a chat, and you're welcome to stay awhile- browsing, or buying.
Thankyou for the generosity of donors for their donations- making it possible for our sales and also for the opportunity to recycle, repurpose and to save items from potentially ending in landfill.
In 2022, donations were made to the following worthy organisations: each working to care for people to improve their lives.
Links are provided if you wish to learn more about the caring work each organisation does, and to directly support them if you wish.
- Indigenous Literacy Foundation https://www.indigenousliteracyfoundation.org.au/
- National Aboriginal Birth Certificate Program https://www.pathfinders.ngo/projects/aboriginal-birth-certificate-project/
- Uniting: Share Sunday Appeal https://www.unitingvictas.org.au/
- UNHCR: Pakistan Flood Appeal- Refugee assistance
- West Welcome Wagon- Helping Refugee Families https://www.westwelcomewagon.org.au/
- The Smith Family - Children's Education support https://www.thesmithfamily.com.au/
- Sleep Bus: A NPF organisation who provides shelter and safety to those who otherwise would be sleeping rough, by the provision of converted coach's to sleep 22 people per night per bus. https://www.sleepbus.org/
- Fareshare: Delivery of meals to those who are unable to cook for themselves (for a variety of reasons- sleeping in cars, financial, physical or mental health issues). https://www.fareshare.net.au/
- Lifeline: Helping those with mental health issues, in immediate and in desperate need https://www.lifeline.org.au/
- UNICEF: Ukraine - Children's welfare program
- Fred Hollows Foundation: Eye sight restoration in third world countries https://www.hollows.org/au
- Lismore Flood Appeal - NSW. The Lismore Uniting Church assisting those who did not qualify to receive government recovery funds
- Tongan Disaster Recovery Appeal: To support and assist earthquake survivors.
- UNICEF- Helping malnourished children in Sudan and other neighbouring countries https://www.unicef.org.au/
- Frontier Services - Assisting flood affected families in regional northern Victorian areas https://frontierservices.org/
- Share the Dignity - Women's health program https://www.sharethedignity.org.au/
- Blaze Aid - helping flood affected farmers to recover, in the Echuca to Rochester areas. https://blazeaid.com.au/
- Peace of Mind Foundation- Support program for those suffering Brain Cancer and their families https://www.peaceofmindfoundation.org.au/
- Minus 18 - Support to LGTBQI+ youth program https://www.minus18.org.au/
- Medical Pantry- They are dedicated to improving the quality of life of people, communities and our planet by sourcing and directly delivering surplus medical supplies and equipment to communities in need around the world. https://www.facebook.com/medicalpantry/ https://medicalpantry.org/
- Safe Steps: Family Violence Prevention Response Centre and ongoing support https://www.safesteps.org.au/
- Les Twentyman Foundation Support for at risk youth and education focus https://ltfoundation.com.au/
- Allanah & Madeleine Foundation ; Supporting children's welfare programs https://www.alannahandmadeline.org.au/
- Act for Peace: (Christmas Bowl) Provide safety for refugees in exile forced from their homes by conflict and disaster. https://christmasbowl.actforpeace.org.au/
- Uniting: Uniting Church Community Service Programs: Flood disaster appeal & a program to assist homeless people, & to support programs for families , especially children https://www.unitingvictas.org.au/
Thankyou again, without your donations and purchases, none of this would have been possible.
For further details, click on the topics below