Caring for Others
Members of the Williamstown Uniting Church - Electra St demonstrate their commitment, service and care for others by our actions and prayer. We care by supporting a variety welfare and outreach programs, and our fundraising projects.
UnitingCare Australia is the national body for the Uniting Church’s community services network and an agency of the Assembly of the Uniting Church in Australia. You can read more about their invaluable work here.
Proceeds from some of our regular events in the church such as Pancake Day are donated to support the work of UnitingCare.
Williamstown Emergency Relief Program
We are proud to support the work of Williamstown Emergency Relief by providing the use of our premises to operate this crucial service for our local community.
The service provides food vouchers and food parcels for people in need in the Braybrook, Newport and Williamstown communities and it also supports people from outside of the local community when needed.
Williamstown Emergency Relief operates from 10am – 1.00pm on Mondays and Fridays from the Electra St premises, via Pasco St entrance, Williamstown. Food donations will be gratefully received during these times.
If you have any queries or require further information, please call: 0408 129 590 or via link here
Asylum Seeker Resource Centre
Williamstown Uniting Church – Electra Street has had a long association with the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, providing support through donations, clothing and goods to over 1000 asylum seeking people every week most of whom have no income or work rights.
To learn of their list of the Top 10 items for donations click here
You can read more about their important work and donate directly here: https://asrc.org.au/
Act for Peace Christmas Bowl
Each Christmas we support the work of Act for Peace by donating to the Christmas Bowl appeal, which commenced at our church by Rev Frank Byatt in 1949. To learn more about this program and to donate directly here
We care for our planet
- The Electra St congregation values all creation and so a focus area is to be more self reliant for energy and water. We have recently installed solar panels with the aim to reduce our carbon footprint and reduce our usage of energy from coal.
- We have a large underground water tank which provides sufficient water for our gardens and for other uses
- We aim to reduce the use of paper by the use digital communication
- We aim to reduce our waste to landfill by recycling, upcycling and donating unwanted items to others.
We Care for you
- Pastoral Assistance
- Contact the church office if you are in need of pastoral assistance or for a prayer
- Complying with Keeping Children Safe (KCS) Policy and for children and other vulnerable people.
- Click here for the Keeping Children safe policy