Our church has been located at its current location since 1876.
A major refurbishment of the church was completed in 2012 with the goal for having a welcoming, flexible building to suit a variety of styles of worship, looking to the future with optimism of a growing faithful congregation and to spread the good news of Jesus Christ in the community. The objective continues to be successful with multiple users continuing to benefit with sharing the spaces and facilities.
A Brief History
From the 1870's with the discovery of gold in Victoria, and the general wealth and fundraising efforts which took place in Williamstown, led to substantial church buildings of many Christian faiths (Methodist, Church of England, Presbyterian, Baptists, Congregational and Catholic) being built.
Since 1876 the Uniting Church property has stood on the corner of Electra and Pasco Streets Williamstown and the bluestone church and Manse are noted as buildings of local significance with the City of Hobsons Bay and are under heritage overlay for their exteriors.
In 1914 a single story red brick building was built to house the Sunday School and in 1976 a tennis pavilion was built (both buildings have both been repurposed)..